Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dreams - 4.

This post is a part of my Dreams Series ....

My dad and myself are walking on a road that looked remarkably similar to marine drive in Bombay. I was walking in front of my dad, both us are carrying something in plastic bags. Waves were hitting the walls at full force but the sea was generally calm. I shouted to my dad to walk quickly as it was getting dark. We not step on a long, narrow bridge on the river ganga that has no side walls. We both start walking casually, not at all afraid of the water, that stretched till horizon. The bridge was at a good height and i look down once and look at my father who has picked up his pace and gaining on me. The moment he approaches me dolphins suddenly start jumping all around us moving towards the end of the bridge from which we started. The sudden frenzy caught both us unawares and i get scared out of my wits. I cling to one of the poles and my dad shouts at me, "what the heck have you done?", for which i answer, "I didn't do anything!". Now there is rain, torrential rain, and more dolphins. A tiny dolphin jumps on the bridge near me and i push it back into the water. Now something incredible happened, a weird dolphin, that had a pig-like snout, stops mid-air and looks at me. The frame is freezed and i see the scene of the dolphin observing me as a third person, above both of them. The dolphin jumps back into the river and again the dream is a first-person experience. My dad and myself decide to head back to the start of the bridge but as we approach it see water from the sea flooding the entire place and now coming towards us in full force. My dad who's ahead of me starts running towards me. The End.

Explanation: My dad never walks slower than me, he's always in front me shouting at me to walk fast. So in my dream my subconscious mind got back at him, made him slower.
In the current book that I'm reading, the red queen, the author writes about a certain kind of bottlenose dolphins, from the pacific, which have three times as big a brain as those of dolphins found in the river ganga. When i read that i wondered that ganga has dolphins in it. That's how in my dream i saw dolphins jumping in the river ganga and the one particular one which stares at me has a weird nose!
Can't explain the storm. Large water bodies always bring the images of thunder storms; may be. I've never been to marine drive by the way.

2 comments:

Abhishek said...

Hey interesting dream... dreams are really the sneak-peek into the subconscious mind!

Anonymous said...

that is a weird dream! incidentally, there is a dolphin known as the ganges river dolphin